these are things the media should be emphasising and highlighting
When you see me show me your bachelors, show me your masters. That’s the best thing you can do for me, as my fan.
YAAAAASS NICKI. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS
i haven’t found the source video yet.
I love the way Nicki encourages people with education. I’ve seen her ask about report cards on Twitter and tell young people to bring their C’s up to B’s and B’s up to A’s. And this quote is too awesome. ❤
On Sep 13, 1944, a princess from India lay dead at Dachau concentration camp. She had been tortured by the Nazis, then shot in the head. Her name was Noor Inayat Khan. The Germans knew her only as Nora Baker, a British spy who had gone into occupied France using the code name Madeline. She carried her transmitter from safe house to safe house with the Gestapo trailing her, providing communications for her Resistance unit.
Oh my God, yes. Let’s talk about Noor Inayat Khan.
- Wireless operators in France had a life expectancy of six weeks. Noor was actively transmitting for over three times as long.
- While she was in France, every other wireless operator in her network was slowly picked off until she was the last radio link between London and Paris. It was “the most dangerous and important post in France”.
- She was offered a way back to Britain and refused.
- In fact, in her transmissions to London, she once said that she was having the time of her life, and thanked them for giving her the opportunity to do this.
- She was captured by the Gestapo, but never gave up: she made three attempt escapes. One involved asking to take a bath, insisting on being allowed to close the door to preserve her modesty, and then clambering onto the roof of the Gestapo HQ in Paris.
- Her last word before being shot was, “Liberté!”
The term BAMF was coined for such persons.
Her entire life, and her mother’s life as well, are FASCINATING. A Royal, Muslim, Anglo-Indian woman in WWII… Could we have a sweeping FACTUAL movie please. Like now?
Yet another story I would like to read.
You guys! There IS A MOVIE!
Enemy of the Reich: The Noor Inayat Khan Story
SERIOUSLY WATCH THE MOVIE. IT IS AMAZING.
YOU THINK I’M JOKING BUT I’M DEAD SERIOUS
LOUDLY POINTS OUT THAT THIS IS RIGHT AFTER SHE SAYS THE LINE
"Go ahead and them skinny bitches that
No, I’m just playing…”
and then she goes on to to say what is in the gif. SHE ISN’T SKINNY SHAMING omfg
Thank you for being the only body positive song that doesn’t.
Hell yes granny you go